2014 Winners to be Announced at Solar Power International
Each year, the Solar Electric Power Association recognizes significant advances in solar power in the electric utility industry. These industry leaders have demonstrated achievement and innovation in advancing solar power at a time when renewables are poised to alter the way utilites do business. Email Ruth Hupart, Member Relations Manager, at email@example.com for more information.
CEO of the Year
In every field there are those who surpass their peers both in their vision of the future and their ability to mobilize others in shaping that future. This award will be presented to a utility CEO who has demonstrated exceptional and/or innovative leadership in the advancement of solar.
Utility of the Year (Investor Owned, Municipal/Public Power, Cooperative)
As solar continues to grow, utilities are exploring how to integrate new systems into resource planning and serve evolving customer demand while maintaining reliability. Some utilities are implementing creative and forward-looking solutions in their service territories. Their efforts, from innovative project design and pricing mechanisms to expanded public engagement, serve as guiding examples. Three utilities (an investor-owned utility, a public power utility, and an electric cooperative) that have made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of solar will be selected to receive this award.
Innovative Solar Partner of the Year
As an organization dedicated to helping utilities integrate solar energy into their portfolio, SEPA recognizes the many advances that have developed through utility-industry collaboration. Developers, contractors, law firms, and others all play roles in utilities’ solar programs and projects. This award will be presented to an industry partner whose work with a utility (or multiple utilities) has demonstrated an innovative and replicable business model.
The recipients of the 2014 awards will be selected by a panel of expert judges. The awards will be presented during the SEPA Membership Luncheon at Solar Power International (October 20-23, Las Vegas, NV). Email Ruth Hupart, Member Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Self-nominations are acceptable
- 2013 winners will not be considered.
- For a physical project ot be considered, it must have broken ground by June 2014 and is contracted to go into service by the end of 2014
- For a program to be considered, implementation must have already begun.
- If selected, a representative from the chosen utility must be present to receive the award during the Membership Luncheon at Solar Power International 2014 (October 20-23, Las Vegas, NV). For the CEO of the Year award, the winner must be present.
Strategy & Market
|Judy Ledford Staley
Co-Founder, REC Solar
SPV Market Research
Senior Energy Analyst,
Congratulations to our 2013 Winners!
The awards were presented during the Membership Luncheon at Solar Power International (October 21-24, Chicago, IL). Last year's winners were:
- CEO of the Year: David Bissell, CEO, Kaua'i Island Utility Cooperative (HI)
- Investor-Owned Utility of the Year: Green Mountain Power (VT)
- Public Power Utility of the Year: Orlando Utilities Commission (FL)
- Electric Cooperative Utility of the Year: Kit Carson Electric Cooperative (NM)