The deadline has passed for scholarship applications to the 2014 Utility Solar Conference
SEPA offers a limited number of scholarships to qualifying electric utility employees who demonstrate a compelling need for assistance to attend the 2014 Utility Solar Conference. Scholarships include complimentary conference registration, with coach airfare/train/mileage and hotel accommodation reimbursed up to a maximum of $750 following completion of all scholarship requirements.
Before applying for a scholarship, please review the eligibility criteria below and ensure you understand all requirements and exclusions. Scholarships are offered on a first-come-first-served basis to qualified applicants. Only one scholarship will be issued per company to attend the 2014 Utility Solar Conference.
|Employed by a Member Utility
||Eligible for one scholarship every 5 years, subject to company eligibility rules.
|Employed by a Non-Member Utility
||Eligible for one scholarship, one time only until utility becomes a member, subject to company eligibility rules.
|Not sure if your company is a member? Verify your member status.
|SEPA Member Utility
||Eligible for a maximum of two scholarships issued to staff in any five-year period (includes departed staff).
||Eligible for a maximum of two scholarships issued to staff until utility becomes a member (includes staff that departed in the last five years).
|Not sure whether/when your company has received a scholarship in the past? Contact Ruth Hupart, Member Relations Manager, at 202-559-2032.
|Scholarship Rules and Requirements
- Applicants must be full-time employees of a regulated utility (municipal, cooperative, or investor-owned) and work at a manager level or higher.
- Submit a completed USC scholarship application by the March 21, 2014 deadline.
- Recipients agree to purchase their flight, reserve their hotel, and provide their itinerary to SEPA by no later than March 28, 2014. Failure to submit an itinerary by the deadline will result in scholarship forfeiture.
- Scholarships are non-transferrable and may only be used by the original recipient.
- Recipients agree to attend educational sessions, receptions, and networking events as required by SEPA.
- Following the conference, recipients are required to submit a detailed report of their experience as well as receipts for reimbursement. Recipients will receive complete details upon selection.
- Recipients from nonmember utilities agree to consider membership and schedule a conference call between relevant utility and SEPA staff within 90 days following the conference to discuss both membership and solar activity plans.
- Applicants not meeting the eligibility requirements or deadlines above will not be considered.
- Current members of the SEPA Board of Directors and their colleagues (whether employed at the same company or any affiliated company where there is a controlling ownership stake through a shared parent/holding company) are not eligible to receive scholarships.