Treatment of Solar in Utility Resource Planning
Hear about the latest research findings by SEPA and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) based on their latest recent report titled Treatment of Solar Generation in Electric Utility Resource Planning. This webinar will provide an overview of:
- how utilities approach long-range resource planning
- what methods and tools they use, and
- how solar technologies are considered in the resource planning process.
The presentation will be followed by Q&A.
Attendees will learn:
- How utilities conduct resource planning activities
- The benefits and challenges of incorporating solar generation into resource planning processes
- Potential analytical solutions that could drive additional solar generation options in future long-term supply plans
Date: Thursday, November 7, 2 PM Eastern/11AM Pacific. Duration: 1 hour.
Karlynn Cory, Senior Energy Analyst, NREL
John Sterling, Director of Utility Strategy, SEPA
Mike Taylor, Director of Research, SEPA (Moderator)
Cost: Free to SEPA members and the media (subject to verification)
$199 for Non-members
Target Audience: Utility planning staff, renewable program managers, solar developers and stakeholders
All registered attendees will receive the recording and slides within two business days after the webinar.